danceDay 1010 Day Introduction to Balletfor beyond 50s & beginners
YOU DID IT!
Congratulations! Amazing work!
Today, we are celebrating our achievements. We are doing a mix of a selection of exercises from the previous 9 days. We hope you have fallen in love with ballet! Thank you for dancing with us!
- Warm Up: A loose movement exercise to get things moving.
- Warming Up The Feet: All the good movements to aid in the mobility of the feet
- The Demi Pliés: We work the Demi Plié (meaning half bend) with the feet in Parallel Position, First Position and Second Position. We also Demi Pointe or Relevé (meaning rise up) which is a rise up onto your tippy toes.
- Tendus: (full name: Battement Tendu)meaning ‘to beat’ & ‘to stretch’. This is a point where the toe never leaves the floor. It is a foundational step in ballet and we do this step to the front, to the side, and to the back.
- Battement Dégagé: meaning ‘do disengage’ – this is like a tendu but the foot extends off the floor.
- Rond de Jambe (en terre): meaning ’round the leg on the ground’. This is a move where the leg moves in a straight line away from the body before defining a semi-circular motion around the standing leg. We add a fun waltz into the exercise too.
- Grand Battements & Jumps & Heel Raises: (or Grand Battement) meaning ‘big beat’. This is a high kick with a straight leg.
- Port de Bras: Carriage of the arms.
- Curtsy: (also known as the reverence). Our end to the class. Thanks for dancing with us.
Original music by Gareth Murphy – www.garethmurphymusic.com
Please consult your doctor before beginning this or any other fitness programs. Exercise is not without it’s risks, and this or any other exercise program may result in injury. By engaging in these exercises, you agree that you do so at your own risk, and assume all associated risk of injury.