4 WEEK BALLET EXPERIENCE
Today we will review yesterday’s exercises and add to what we learnt. And we will begin learning our short dance to the music of SWAN LAKE.
Duration: 32 minutes
- Warm Up
- Pliés: We work the Demi Plié (meaning half bend) with the feet in Parallel Position, First Position and Second Position. We also Relevé (meaning rise up) which is a rise up onto your tippy toes or Demi Pointe.
- Tendu: (full name: Battement Tendu)meaning ‘to beat’ & ‘to stretch’. This is a point where the toe never leaves the floor. It is a foundational step in ballet and we do this step to the front, to the side, and to the back.
- Battements & Jumps: (or Grand Battement) meaning ‘big beat’. This is a high kick with a straight leg
- Port de Bras: meaning ‘carriage of the arms’. We move through all the arm positions.
- Heel Raises: (or going up onto demi pointe). We do these in parallel and feet turned out in First Position.
- Balance & Stretch
- Swan Lake Dance
Original music by Gareth Murphy – www.garethmurphymusic.com
Please consult your doctor before beginning this or any other fitness program. Exercise is not without risks, and this or any other exercise program may result in injury. By engaging in these exercises, you agree that you do so at your own risk, and assume all associated risk of injury.