4 WEEK BALLET EXPERIENCE
All these wonderful barre exercises are so good for our body. And the dance, well, that is good for the soul. We hope your body and soul are feeling nourished by ballet!
Duration: 31 minutes
- Warm Up
- Pliés: The focus is not only on a well executed plié in first and second position, but also on getting the feet to articulate and working through the feet.
- Tendu: We continue working on articulating the feet and working them in our tendus. And we do weight transfers in forth and second position.
- Rond de Jambe: meaning ’round the leg’. This is a new step, and we try these with the toe on the floor, and the toe off the floor.
- Grand Battements & Spring Points: these are our big kicks to the front, side and back. And we Spring Point facing the barre. A Spring Point is a hop on one foot with the other leg in a tendu position.
- Port de Bras: we work through all the arm positions.
- Nutcracker Dance
Original music by Gareth Murphy – www.garethmurphymusic.com
Please consult your doctor before beginning this or any other fitness program. Exercise is not without risks, and this or any other exercise program may result in injury. By engaging in these exercises, you agree that you do so at your own risk, and assume all associated risk of injury.